SC - Apicius and Fried Chicken

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Sep 1 22:03:42 PDT 1998

Mirhaxsa said:

>We had a castle once with candle lit stained glass windows, made useing
>the melted life saver technique. Great effect. Mirhaxa

and someone asked:
>> melted life saver technique.>

>Huh?

You can melt lifesaver candies to imitate stained glass windows. I imagine
it works if you need something small. For larger stained glass sotelties and
perhaps windows for church sotelties and such, there are several messages in
this file in the FOOD-SWEETS section of my Florilegium on making stained glass
sotelites from sugar:

sotelties-msg    (105K)  6/30/98    Sotelties and Warners - decorated food.

I've seen this done to great effect and took an interesting class on how
to do it.

My files are at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous