SC - Bulgy tomato cans

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Wed Sep 2 10:13:34 PDT 1998

Moira said "However, that said, this thread I had
to post. <snip> ...take the cans back to the market
where you purchased them...take your receipt and
any numbers off the top or bottom of the can and
write the canner directly.

     Leanna sez "This is a good idea.  I did not purchase the goods from a local
     merchant.  I was given canned goods by various friends & family during my
     recent medical crisis (broken leg).  I don't have a clue who actually gave
     me the goods, but I'm sure no one was intentionally trying to poison my
     family (although there are probably several who would not cry if it
     happened).  Some folks in my extended family do not rotate their stock, or
     systematically check goods in the pantry for expiration dates.  The cans in
     question were so old there were no expiration dates, although there was a
     batch number stamped on top.  Rather than take a chance, 'when in doubt,
     throw it out!' is my motto."