SC - Recipe for fruited beef

Diamond nordgate at worldnet.att.net
Wed Sep 2 19:40:04 PDT 1998

Mordonna22 at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/2/98 9:06:31 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
> alm4 at cornell.edu writes:
>
> > We tend to go to sales and buy a case of something.
> >
> I never buy canned goods unless I examine each can individually.  Any dents in
> the outside of the can can mean cracks in the lining that can cause spoilage.
> If it has any kind of a dent, I put it back.
>
> Mordonna

This is new information to me.  I never worried about dents, but I also use up my
canned goods rather quickly and rotate them with each shopping trip.  In all the
time I have used canned goods, I've never had home canned go bad, and store bought
only twice (once it buldged, and once it just smelled terrible).  Anyway, that was
never part of the dogma that was passed to me, but on hearing the reason, it makes
sense.

Brenna