SC -Simmering cream sauce, was Fried/fri

PhlipinA@aol.com PhlipinA at aol.com
Wed Sep 2 23:32:44 PDT 1998

>> use some of the
broth in making a basic cream sauce, put it in an old dutch oven, drop
beaten
biscuits on the top, cover and simmer til the biscuits are done.<<

This is the second time in a week or two that I've read of simmering
things in cream sauce.  Maybe the other was from Mordona?  I always
learned to make a cream sauce by cooking it last, simmering just until
the raw flour taste was gone and you could see it 'shine', then serving
immediately.  We never let it just keep cooking, or cook things in it.
Cooked items were added to it.  Do others use it as a cooking liquid?
You are both talking about the butter/flour roux with milk, aren't you?

Regards,

Allison

allilyn at juno.com