SC -lavendar

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Thu Sep 3 07:40:22 PDT 1998

Phil & Susan Troy wrote: Personally, I very strongly prefer the Flower and
Rosenbaum book as far better

> for our purposes, and still by far the best Apicius translation that I've
> seen. Wish I could find my copy, it seems to have vanished...

I agree wholeheartedly... The Rosenbaum and Flowers book is the best translation.
I also use  "Taste of Ancient Rome" by Giacosa and "The Roman Cookbook" by
Edwards.  I then use Rosenbaum and Flowers to verify thier translations.  I feel
better checking more than one reference.

Meadhbh