SC - artichokes-warning

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Thu Sep 3 11:42:01 PDT 1998

It could very well be, some mennonites did settle in North Carolina[nifty colony
museum in Winsten/Salem] and other areas. Also, my great granther's maiden name
was Kopf...
Margali
[but on the other hand, on my dad's side, we go all the way back to the New
Amsterdam Van Patens...]

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> My gram taught me the same recipe except you use a spoon biscuit dough and
> bake it uncovered in the oven (Chicken Pot pie) or use a dumpling batter and
> procede as you described (called Chicken and Dumplings).....and I thought this
> was a Pennsylvania Dutch thing....<sigh>
>
> Ras

Either way, that's what we are having for dinner tonight-all this talk about it
has given me one really large craving for the stuff!