SC - Lavender and pregnancy

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Sep 3 19:59:55 PDT 1998

Hi list,
        Just to clarify this, the sauce that you are actually talking about
is called bechamel;
equal quantities of flour and butter (cooked untill it obtains the colour
you desire, no colour for white sauce, brown for another)

Once the roux is made star adding milk slowly, continiously stiring to keep
it lump free.
When you have added the required amount of milk you then drop a studded
onion into the sauce(an onion studded with cloves) and simmer *Never boil*
untill the flour has been cooked.

That is your basic white sauce.

At 02:58 9/3/98 EDT, you wrote:
>In a message dated 9/2/98 11:13:11 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
>allilyn at juno.com writes:
>
>> You are both talking about the butter/flour roux with milk, aren't you?
>
>Well, if I put milk in it, it becomes milk gravy, and that is always done just
>before serving.  I generally make a white sauce just before serving, too.  But
>a roux, now...  A roux generally is just flour and oil, cooked over low heat
>in a cast iron pan until it turns brown.  Then you add all the other
>ingredients.
>
>Mordonna

Craig (42RHRA, Grey Company)
http://www.iinet.net.au/~house51/42RHRA.html