SC - Crown feast

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Thu Sep 3 21:17:56 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/3/98 10:48:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
sianan at geocities.com writes:

<< Don't take Lavender in large quantities if you
 are pregnant without the approval of a certified herbal practitioner.

<sigh> I sincerely hope that this does not relegate lavender to the same
category as rue? Or was this another case of 3000 drug using alcoholic women
were tested and 2 had miscarriages ( the 2 having only the consumption of
massive amounts of lavender in common)?

Sorry for the pessimism but truly is the approval of a CERTIFIED herbalist a
qualifying factor? I noticed that physician approval is not mentioned. And, I
can find absolutely NO caution mentioned in any medical resources that i have
access to. The responce of my physician when salled and questioned was
initially "You've got tobe kidding?".  Keeping that in mind what are the
underlying reasons/studies/research/facts for such a caution?

Ras (who hopes this does not degenerate into another 'responsible' pregnacy'
thread...<sigh>...)