SC - Lavender and pregnancy

DianaFiona@aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Thu Sep 3 22:46:10 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/3/98 9:30:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time, LrdRas at aol.com
writes:

> How does one make non-alcoholic anything when yeast and sugar are put
>  together? Alcohol is a digestive by-product of yeasts digesting sugar. I am
>  curious about this as even the yeast and sugar mixture used in bread making
>  produces a small amout of alcohol.Can anyone tell me about this? Especially
,

>  I would like to know what the strain of yeast is that was used. Thanks in
>  advance.

The way I understand it, natural carbonation of beverages results in minimal
alcohol content. I've never actually made homegrown sodas, but I've known
several people who do. They all use bread yeasts and the fermentation time is
a week or under, so there isn't much alcohol. Certainly less than a mouthwash
or a cough syrup. I've tasted the results several times and in all cases it
was delightful.

Corwyn