SC - Greetings

James Gilly / Alasdair mac Iain alasdair.maciain at snet.net
Fri Sep 4 14:19:18 PDT 1998

- --------------E5CE0EF415D7B563F79451F1

> Ok, so now I have to play devil's advocate here - I disagree that the
> canner is always at fault.  It MAY be the canner - but what about the
> people who whip them?  Or the guy who puts them on the shelves?  A lot
> of time, cans go bad because there is a split in the can somewhere
> that allows air to get into the can - it could be a faulty can
> (therefore the CAN manufacturer), or the shipper or retailer who drop
> kicked the can across the floor.  All it takes is a tiny pinprick to
> cause the problem.
>
> Please do not always assume that big business is at fault.
>
> Moira

Or the shipper who let it freeze and thaw in shipping or let the truck
get up to 100+ degrees on the road....or a hundred other things.

Brenna

- --------------E5CE0EF415D7B563F79451F1

<HTML>

<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>

<P><FONT SIZE=+0>Ok, so now I have to play devil's advocate here - I disagree
that the canner is always at fault.  It MAY be the canner - but what
about the people who whip them?  Or the guy who puts them on the shelves?
A lot of time, cans go bad because there is a split in the can somewhere
that allows air to get into the can - it could be a faulty can (therefore
the CAN manufacturer), or the shipper or retailer who drop kicked the can
across the floor.  All it takes is a tiny pinprick to cause the problem.</FONT>

<P><FONT SIZE=+0>Please do not always assume that big business is at fault.</FONT>

Or the shipper who let it freeze and thaw in shipping or let the truck
get up to 100+ degrees on the road....or a hundred other things.

<P>Brenna</HTML>

- --------------E5CE0EF415D7B563F79451F1--