SC - Low acid tomatoes

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Sep 4 18:00:51 PDT 1998

Re: The Cornflour used in the Apician recipes:

I'm curious as to what nationality the authors are. A goodly amount (rough
guesstimate: 80%) of the Cornflour sold in Australia (and probably Britain
as well) is not made of corn. We can get corn cornflour, but most of the
packets are labelled "wheaten (very small letters) CORNFLOUR (very large
letters), and are made from wheat (obviously). The use and feel of these are
virtually identical (unless you have a gluten problem!). The corn one seems
to 'squeak' a little more when rubbed between the fingers IIRC.

Avagoodweegend

Glenda