SC - lenkuchen

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Tue Sep 8 11:54:34 PDT 1998

Hi everyone!

Okay..I'm going to sound like a complete dunce here...
How does one toast almonds?  (*^_^*)...I'll go hide in the corner till
the laughter stops...(*^_^*)....

I tried making candied almonds yesterday....

So I went ad bought some plain old almonds and followed the recipe that
went sort of like this....I baked 1 lb almonds for about 10
minutes...why? I have no idea....then made the glaze with egg whites
cinnamon and sugar..and poured this over the warm almonds...mixed it all
together..and popped it back in the oven for another 30-45 minutes.

It said to let them cool in the baking dish..(which happened to be a
bread pan)...now..the nuts on the top were fine...glazed great..but the
ones under it all the way to the bottom were covered in this brownish
powder...(looked like brown sugar)...never glazed. =0(

Also..the nuts were chewy..not crunchy...=0( But if I closed my eyes and
ignored the texture..they tasted right!

(still learning...and I've never attempted confections before)

Thanks for the tip though...I'll try it...( as soon as I figure out how
to toast almonds!! LOL!!)

By the way....I absolutely LOVE this place! =0)

TTFN!
~Lea

- ------------
"Don't be afraid of what you feel in your heart...
don't be rebuked by those who say..it will never happen...
it will happen..."---Michael Crawford, EFX

Please view my artwork and resume at:
(http://members.tripod.com/~danann/index.html)

Or visit my web sites:
"The Unofficial Brad Little Web Site"