SC - candies almonds

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Tue Sep 8 17:04:48 PDT 1998

Well, I found the long lost recipe.  Of course I thought it was period,
but now I'm not sure how old it is, or even where I found it (on the
internet somewhere).  I haven't tried it yet, since I don't have the
Ground Ginger or Lemon Esscance.  Of course, if anyone has any info, or
has even tried it, then please share your thoughts!

Hannah
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Butterscotch (a very old Edinburgh Recipie)

Ingredients:

1lb. Brown Sugar
1/4oz. Powdered Ginger or Essence of lemon
4oz. Butter

Directions:
  Place the pound of Brown Sugar in an enameled sauce pan and let it
dissolve on the range.  Beat 4 ounces of butter to a cream, add it to
the sugar when dissolved, and stir over the fire until it has boiled
sufficiently to harden when dropped into cold water.  Add a quarter
ounce of powdered ginger dissolved in a little water or a little essence
of lemon.  Beat with a fork for a few minutes.  Pour onto a buttered
slab or dish and when sufficiently cool, mark into squares. When cold, a
slight tap will break them off into squares.