SC - Newbie question.....Sourdough...

Jeff Botkins jbotkins at ime.net
Wed Sep 9 13:58:02 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/9/98 12:23:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
upsxdls at okway.okstate.edu writes:

<< Leanna notes: I have prepared homecooked "frozen dinners."  If you want a
      gravy that doesn't separate during freezing, the rice starch is the way
      go. >>
I will add my two pence here :  I have found (thanks to the wisdom of my
mother) that potatoes, when pureed, will thicken nicely.  NO, it is NOT
period, but when that does not matter, it is the results that count. :-)  I
recently (3months ago) cooked a feast where I thickened the venison/beef stew
with 10 lbs of pureed potatoes and was told it was the best stew many of the
participants had tasted.

Diana