SC - OOP(?)Candy Bubbles

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Wed Sep 9 21:10:59 PDT 1998

Get lots of help. Is about the best advice I can give.
I once catered for a scout camp 1400 screaming kids out of a tent.
You don't need to get the help to do the serious cooking, just get them to
do the simple stuff ie. all the misen place (food prep) and the serving.

The reason why you need so many is to give them all short shifts as being
volunteers they dont wish to spend all their time in the kitchen.

The bulk of the help does not need a great deel a knowledge, what you do is
get a core group of about 6 or so people that do and then get them to direct
the others.

The key word is delegate. Do not try to do it all yourself.

Another thing is to over estimate the amont offood you are going to need.
Not by too much. It is a fine balance that comes with practice, as there is
nothing worse than going home from a feast still feeling hungry.

Sorry that I can't help with recipes, but I am sure there is lots lots of
knowledge flying around this list.

I hope this helps.

At 20:47 8/27/98 -0400, you wrote:

>> On Fri, 21 Aug 1998 16:11:41 +1000 (EST) The Cheshire Cat
>> <sianan at geocities.com> writes:
>> <SNIP>
>> >However, they recently produced a guest list of 347 people.  Here's
>> where I'm choking a little bit.  Most of the events I've cooked for
>> usually only hit the 50 - 75 people mark, 100 people tops.  Does any of
>> the more experience cooks have any advice on how to organise this
>> 'feeding of the masses' and any recipes for nice food, that is reletively
>> simple and can be mass produced?
>> Thanks to all
>> -A rather desperate Sianan<

Craig (42RHRA, Grey Company)