SC - Mead-Advise and Warning-OT-OOP

CorwynWdwd@aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Thu Sep 10 06:02:14 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/7/98 5:42:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time, stefan at texas.net
writes:

> More details, please. Do you happen to have a copy of the passage where
>  she talks about this? Or where you read this?

Sorry for the delay, but I had to find it again...  UNFORTUNATELY my memory
associated the recipe with the writings quoted, this is not the case. It's
mentioned in Hildegard of Bingen's Medicine  By Dr.Wighard Strehlow and
Gottfried Hertzka, MD, Bear and Company, Santa Fe, New Mexico, ISBN
0-939680-44-0. Hildegard DID mention galengale for heart problems... but the
recipe for galengale honey is reccomended by the Doctors, it's not her
suggestion. They reccomend a five to a thirty percent mixture, which I assume
is powdered.

>  Did you use whole or ground galingale? Perhaps a use for that whole
>  galingale I've got around here somewhere. Or some of the new ground
>  galingale I bought at Pennsic.

I assumed powdered, and I use powdered. I don't usually measure, but I guess I
put about two tablespoons per pint of honey. I prefer wildflower or sourwood,
but you might want something else. I have to stir it in every time I open it,
as the powder floats to the top, but it's warm and tastey.

Corwyn