SC - Culinary Heaven

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Thu Sep 10 10:37:55 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/10/98 8:17:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

<<
 > A lady in my household <snip>
 > has found something she wants to try, but is baffled.  There is
 > apparently an issue of Martha Stewart Living on the stands currently
 > dealing with weddings.  There is a technique inside for blowing candy
 > bubbles, which look like champagne bubbles on the cake they are
 > decorating.  She bought the magazine on the promise of the directions and
 > recipie inside, only to find no recipie and directions that basically
 > said "Don't try this at home".  She said there is some mention of adding
 > glycerine to the sugar, but not much else helpful info.
 >         So, does anyone know the secret to these interesting constructs?

	I have a vague memory of seeing someone do this on a cooking show once. He
was using a tool--a pipe of some kind--to blow molten candy like one would
glass. I don't remember anything about glycerin involved, and, other than the
dangers involved in dealing with hot sugar syrups, it didn't appear all that
difficult. Could be fun to try! At a guess, a couple of feet of brass tubing
would probably work fairly well..........

            Ldy Diana