SC - Spinach Tarte

Brenna sunnie at exis.net
Thu Sep 10 18:20:03 PDT 1998

>         I have a vague memory of seeing someone do this on a cooking show once. He
> was using a tool--a pipe of some kind--to blow molten candy like one would
> glass. I don't remember anything about glycerin involved, and, other than the
> dangers involved in dealing with hot sugar syrups, it didn't appear all that
> difficult. Could be fun to try! At a guess, a couple of feet of brass tubing
> would probably work fairly well..........

I know, better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool, right?  How do you blow into
the tube without burning your lips (metals being great conductors of heat and all)?
I'm just wondering as this sounds like something I would love to reproduce, BUT not if
I'm going to get a candy burn in the process.

Brenna