SC - OOP(?)Candy Bubbles

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Sep 10 19:12:44 PDT 1998

Glo wrote:

>>  What books or steps should a newbie take to start getting the basics? I
have been to a few renassance (?) fairs and seen how a little of the cooking
is done but from what I hear on this list even the cooking preparation is
differnt. Am I right? Maybe I am trying to make this harder than it really is.
I hate being this stupid!!<<

>Welcome to the list!
>
>I recommend Cindy Renfrow's "Take 1000 Eggs or More" volumes 1 & 2. Volume 1
>has recipes translated into more understandable English, then redacted into
>recipes a modern cook can understand. Volume 2 has more recipes translated,
>but not redacted. It does contain helpful hints for redacting them on your
>own.
>
>They are available from Acanthus Books (Acanthusbk at aol.com) or from the SCA
>Stockclerk. Cindy is also on this list.
>
>Renata

Hello!  Thanks for the plug, Renata.  Yes, I'm here, but falling asleep...

FYI, the SCA has perfect-bound copies of the 1st edition.  Acanthus Books,
Page After Page, Green Duck, etc. have spiral-bound copies of the new 2nd
edition.  The new edition is corrected & has more than 20 newly adapted
recipes.

Welcome, Glo.  Medieval-style food preparation is labor-intensive, but not
very difficult.  Once you get past the spellynge, working out the recipes
can be fun.
If you can, please visit my links page:
http://members.aol.com/renfrowcm/links.html , where you'll find links to
many good culinary history sites.  If you'd like pictures of medieval food
preparation, check out http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/food.html

Good night all!

Cindy Renfrow/Sincgiefu
renfrow at skylands.net