SC - Since we're asking questions...

Rebecca E Tants retants at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 11 07:20:05 PDT 1998

> 	Why not? It's fairly common practice to use a small torch in professional
> kitchens to carmelize the sugar on creme brulee--I've even done it myself. And
> I'd think that a stationary torch, such as the one you use for lampworking,
> would be ideal. I'd want to have both hands free to use on the blowpipe,
> myself...... ;-)
>
> 			Ldy Diana

There are a lot of uses for blowtorches in a kitchen. Pretty much anything that
you would use a broiler for. I'd planned on using a blowtorch on my toasted
cheese bread for 12th Night if I'd not cancelled the buffet course.

Blowtorches are great when you need to brown the top of a large quantity of
food.

Yers,

Gunthar