SC - Apples Galore!

Brenna sunnie at exis.net
Sat Sep 12 18:44:10 PDT 1998

Hannah Thomas wrote:

> Does anyone have any good recipes for apples?  There are a thousand on
> our trees, and I can only make so much apple sauce!  These appear to be
> baking apples (they don't taste that good when you eat them plain).
>
> Thanx, Hannah

Squeeze the juice out, mix with an equal amount of granulated sugar and 1/8 tbsp
cinnamon per quart.  Bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat to slow boil,
stirring constantly for 20 minutes.  Cool overnight in fridge.  Mix with an
equal amount of 80 proof vodka.  Store in a dark, cool place for 6 weeks.
Siphon off liquid and leave the gooey, slimy stuff in the bottom of the bottles
(I use gallon wine bottles).  Re-bottle without the gooey slimey stuff, and
serve.  Makes a great cordial.

WAJDI