SC - Thoughts on Food

pndarvis@execpc.com pndarvis at execpc.com
Sun Sep 13 18:11:51 PDT 1998

snip snip
>>Adamantius and I were chatting one day, and jokingly started to come
up
>>with a menu that most folks wouldn't eat, including several types of
>>seaweed, Gravlax (salmon spiced and fermented for a few days),
brandade,
>>jelly fish salad, beef tendon noodle soup, sea cucumber, pork and beef
>>dumpling soup, Alys' recipe for bull penis, mountain oysters,
kimchee, and
>>a few other oddities such as 100 year old
>>(duck) eggs.
>>

>Gravlax is actually quite tasty. Lutefisk now (scandinavian dish of
fish
>fermented till translucsent) is something I stay far away from.
>
>Thorbjorn the Cook

not a fan of Lutefisk myself, but would like to try gravlax.  We're big
sushi fans in this house too.  We actually live walking distance from
our favorite sushi restaurant.  The other half, Peter, the brit, gets
pouty if I don't get him things like pickled herring and marmite.

the reason I posed this question is that while it may not seem strange
or unique or different to you, it may to me.  It stands to reason that
humanity would have eaten anything that was edible, and found out the
hard way at one point or another if plant or animal was not.  On the
type of Japanese fish that is poisonous unless prepared correctly-
anyone remember what it is called?   umoi or uomi sticks out in my head
but I don't think that is correct. . . .oh darn, guess I have to go
down to Ichiban's for sushi tonight :)

SCA-Cooks".

Elisabeth the Terrible/Shari

"Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,