SC - Thoughts on Food- reply, long.

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at io.com
Sun Sep 13 19:20:18 PDT 1998

Brenna wrote:

> I assume you're talking about THE OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE which happens to be one of my
> faves.  If I can find it, I have the recipie for the bloomin onion (spices and all)
> around here somewhere.  I usually skip the sauce which is a ranch dressing.  Their
> cheese froys are also the best, but I personally wish I could scam the recipie (the
> spices they use) for the Shrimp on the Barbie appitizer.  Too Good for words!
>
> Brenna

Yeah, it has a certain elemental appeal as one of the Great Onion Experiences.
I can see gourmands of exquisite taste avoiding it in public, but coming back
alone to pig out on it.

I was talking about a restaurant called Oliver's, actually, on the Upper East
Side of Manhattan, and now closed. I just thought it was funny reading the
critic's amazed comments about this hitherto-unheard-of delight...

BTW, if you do have a real recipe, instead of my just sort of knowing what it
is and how it's done, I'd appreciate a post or an e-mail with it. Thanks in advance!

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com