SC - A rather unusual request

draiocht@earthlink.net draiocht at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 13 19:34:23 PDT 1998

Deborah Schumacher wrote:

> Hate to break your heart.. but we had heard of it in Chicago  a  couple of
> years ago.. even beofre there were OutBack SteakHouses out there. Chili's
> used to serve them.  They may atill  i have no idea...
> However the even sell cutters for the blooming onions on infomercials these
> days as Well as in the ( apropriatly  enough) as seen on TV store.
> Zoe

That was kind of my point, the dish is pretty much universal everywhere
_except_ New York City, where it is regarded as weird and exotic. But then, so
is Green Bean Casserole with Canned Onion Crunchies on top...

Peter Luger's, BTW, does not deign to sell such a newfangled item, they
haven't changed their menu in over eighty years, as far as I know. Most people
don't even look at the menu.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy