SC - Thoughts on Food- reply, long.

James Gilly / Alasdair mac Iain alasdair.maciain at snet.net
Sun Sep 13 18:29:33 PDT 1998

The fish in question (ie, Japanese cuisine) that is poisonous is fugu
(blowfish).  It is served as sashimi (raw).  If the fish is not prepared
properly, you will die. The fish contains a neurotoxin.  Sushi chefs must be
trained before serving it.. otherwise you lose customers... (grin)

meadhbh
(who loves sushi and sashimi but has no intention of trying fugu)