SC - Apples Galore!

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Sep 14 06:42:39 PDT 1998

On Mon, 14 Sep 1998, Phil & Susan Troy wrote:

> A bagel tradition does exist outside of Scandinavia. I should have
> written that in reverse order, though, huh? I also neglected to
> mention various knackebrots, crispbreads, lompe and lefse. Sorry. As
> for the Dijon, there is, I think, a brown Swedish mustard that is
> probably best for this, but Dijon is what we used to use for general
> purposes.

No, not the brown type. If the local "Swedish delicatessen" has plain
"Slotts", that's the cannonical stuff. Use the brown stuff for making
the x-mas ham.

> > [1] ham, 42 kinds of herring, trotters, head cheese, meatballs, spare
> > ribs, etc, etc.
>
> Ah, you arrived late and they had run out of the other 83 kinds of herring,
> eh? ;  )

Who said my employer spend money on getting the best for us? I am told
that some of the better Chrismas buffet in Scania boast well over 100
kinds of herring...

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                   parlei(at)algonet.se
http://www.algonet.se/~parlei
If NT is the answer, you don't understand the question