SC - ham

Jeff Botkins jbotkins at ime.net
Mon Sep 14 18:55:45 PDT 1998

Brenna wrote:

> Okay, the sauce is not what I recall, but here goes:
>
> Dipping Sauce
> 1/2 cup mayonnaise
> 2 tsp ketchup
> 2 TBS cream-style horseradish sauce

<snip>

> Brenna
> (hope everyone enjoys)

My thanks, My Lady, for the recipe. I wonder if I could trouble you once more
on this topic? What is the source of the recipe? A newspaper, a restaurant, or
what? I'm sort of trying to pinpoint where the dish originated. We have pretty
well established that it was not my home town, but that leaves quite a number
of other places unexplored in re Blooming Onions. I myself have eaten these
things all over New York State with the exception of New York City, so was
curious as to where they actually come from. An idea of where you obtained the
recipe could be helpful in this.

Many thanks!

Adamantius
- --