SC - Gravlax 1,2 &3- apology

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Sep 14 19:23:59 PDT 1998

Jeff Botkins wrote:

> Wouldn't call that weird myself, either.......I love that stuff !!
> You can pretty near find it at about any family potluck type dinner in my clan
> back home....<gg>
> And I'm originally from Michigan, BTW, so i don't think it's strictly a New
> England deal.....
>
> Jeff

Well, that was kinda my point. I was trying to illustrate, in agreement with
someone else's earlier post, that what seems weird to one person is
commonplace to another, and vice versa. In support of this point I mentioned
the ubiquitous American Green Bean casserole, which I had never seen or heard
of until I was 17 or so, and the first time I encountered it we all thought it
was a fascinating dish from a foreign land.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com