SC - sc: piggie raison d'etre

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Tue Sep 15 17:06:14 PDT 1998

My husband Drake has made a similar recipe to this from Take 1000 Eggs.
In that recipe we threaded the fruits and nuts separately (i.e. piece by
piece like a shish kabob) onto a linen thread, covered them in batter
and deep fried.  Then removed the string.

If you let the almonds sit in a water for a few minutes they will soften
enough so you can get a strong needle to pierce them without anything
splintering.

As I said above it was a similar recipe, and unfortunately I don't have
the notes at work so I don't know if batter was called for in the recipe
we used or whether batter was used as it was easier than endoring?

Hope this helps

Meliora.