SC - FW: Husband and Wife Teams

Varju@aol.com Varju at aol.com
Wed Sep 16 11:28:07 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/16/98 2:09:02 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
kiriel at cybergal.com writes:

>  Once more regional variation blows me away. Here lamb is a cheap cheap
>  meat.  You can still buy a side of lamb for $2 a kilo. I cannot imagine
>  not having eaten lamb before.  Lamb chops and beef mince were the two
>  major meats of my childhood (I come from a pretty poor background)

Here in Atenveldt Lamb is a very seasonal meat.  We have a few sheep growers
who maintain herds that go up into the mountains for most of the year, but
come down into the Valley in early spring for the lambing and shearing.  When
they are in the Valley, lamb prices drop drastically, and lamb is readily
available.  When they are in the mountains, lamb is a rarity in the stores,
and quite expensive.

Mordonna