SC - side of pork

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Wed Sep 16 16:48:36 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/16/98 4:40:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca writes:

<<  Keep up the challenges, its a
 good idea and educates beyond belief.

 Micaylah >>

The Challenges do help people hone their redaction skills but I fail to see
where they can educate 'beyond belief.' Is there something that I'm missing
somewhere? :-)

Anyway when I post the 3 recipes for the next challenge on Sunday, I will try
to post 3 recipes which have not been redacted by someone else before.  In
that is the true challenge.  There are many fine cooks on the list but I find
it not a little unfair to post recipe which have already been worked out
before.

I had also thought that the purpose of the challenge was supposed to be a
worked out version as opposed to a translation.  Translations are well and
good but they do not a finished recipe make.  For instance after looking over
the answers to the last 3 recipes, I still don't know, what amount of what
ingredients to use or cooking temperatures, times, etc. Translations do not a
recipe make. :-)

Cindy did intimate that the final recipe appears in her book which is nice if
you have the book which I don't for the specific reason that I do my own
redactions and my worked out versions don't always jive with another persons.
This is why you have not seen an answer from me regarding the challenge
recipes. I am diligently working on the recipes in the kitchen though and a
practical answer to the first 2 recipes from the challenge will soon be
available to all. :-)

Ras