SC - Cooking Teams

Groulx, Michelle MGroulx at NRCan.gc.ca
Thu Sep 17 07:23:36 PDT 1998

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/17/98 1:42:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time, allilyn at juno.com
> writes:
>
> << Try this, but 1 1/2 T. doesn't equal a quarter of 2 T. in my math} >>
>
> This may be because of a typo that was missed by the proofreader who failed to
> notice that T should have been tsp. :-)
> .
> 2 T=6 tsp.
> 6 tsp/4=1 1/2 tsp.

Don't forget in the metric world...

2 tsp = 1 dessert spoon
2 dessert spoons = 1 tablespoon.

1 tsp = 5ml
1 tablespoon = 20 ml

It is one of the sneaky ones that can really screw up your recipes if
you are not aware.  I have sets of both US and full metric measures.
The  1 1/2 t = 1/4 x 1 T is US measurements.

Kiriel