SC - ham

JEANNE STAPLETON jstaplet at du.edu
Thu Sep 17 14:37:18 PDT 1998

Sir Gunthar wrote:

>I'm doing a buffet for a friend who is sitting vigil for his Laurel.
>Since he is VERY Elizabethan I decided to try to make his buffet as
>much in keeping with his personna as possible.

Don't know why I didn't think of this earlier... A sugar paste plate
decorated with his arms and a laurel wreath with perhaps his name and
date of elevation around the rim.  Other Elizabethan designs, motifs,
can be painted on.  The effect is to make something like one of the
decorated dessert plates that are illustrated on the front of
"Banquetting Stuffe".  These were used at the Elizabethan "banquets"
(dessert courses) and frequently had a poem or song on the back side
that the recipient had to sing/recite, etc.  For a keepsake, spray it
with acrylic laquer or varnish.  How far into the future is this
vigiling?  Is it at least a month away?  Could you e-mail me privately,
O Glorious Baron-ic Knight??

Alys Katharine