SC - A question of Custard

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Sep 17 16:52:01 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/17/98 6:11:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

<< Adamantius, preparing for a sleepless night unless there is a sensible
answer
 to this >>

No need to, loose sleep, Master. My suggestion is that if a recipe calls for
cups use cups. If it calls for weight measurements like ounces, etc. use a
scale. It's that simple.

As long as you use the same measuring utensils you will get consistent results
For example, if a recipe calls for a cup of this and a cup of that, use the
same cup instead of 2 different utensils. If there are smaller measurements
use the pices that came with the set.

Of course, I never use the same set but I've never had a poroblem yet
preferring pinches to 1/8 and 1/4 tsps and butter the size of a walnut to 1
and a half tablespoons and a handful to 1/8 cup. :-)

Ras