SC - fwd Can somebody tell me when the Atlanta, Georgia Renaissance Fair is?

Balano1@aol.com Balano1 at aol.com
Fri Sep 18 14:47:48 PDT 1998

>andy oppenheim wrote:
>>
>> Where can I find info on what the average 1500's kitchen was staffed by
and
>> stocked with?
>> andy
>
>I know that Mistress Rhiannon Cathoir-mor(?) here in South Downs has a
>delightful book that delineates the veritable army they required to
>bring said commestables to the table of the lord's supper.  If she is on
>the listt still, she may be able to post that info.  If not, I'll
>forward this to her to see if I can get the info for the list.
>
>niccolo difrancesco

Check out "A History of Private Life Vol II - Revelations of the Medieval
World" George Duby ed.
The section entitled "The Aristocratic Households of Feudal France", the
exact part concerning the meal starts on pg. 73.  Fra Niccolo and myself
were inspired by this to add a concierge to our staff for our upcoming joint
effort.  But it's got nifty names for every type of job, along with the
hierarchy for servants and lots more nifty info.  Enjoy.

Rhiannon C.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned by killing smart people and
eating their brains:-)