SC - pig roast

SigridPW@aol.com SigridPW at aol.com
Fri Sep 18 23:32:55 PDT 1998

>No offense guys, but the authenticity buffs out there do tend to drill it
>in.
>
>Brenna

Speaking for myself, what I am concerned with here is not that people don't
cook things that aren't period--most of what we eat, after all, is not
period--but that people not mislead other people about what is period.

If someone posts a chocolate chip recipe under the title "yummy
cookies--OOP" that is not a problem. But if someone posts a lamb stew
recipe, in the context of a discussion of sca cooking, I want either to be
told that it is period (and what the source is) or that it is not period.
Failure to do either means that some people on the list will assume it is
period--and very likely be wrong. Quite a lot of posts here have that
problem, and I tend to respond accordingly.

It may be obvious to the poster that a recipe with baking powder, or
paprika, or whatever, is OOP, but it isn't always obvious to the random
reader of the list.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/