SC - Re: Syllabub

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Sun Sep 20 09:05:26 PDT 1998

So I did it. They turned out pretty good. Breakfast was a big hit. I did
however make a couple of changes as pecans are exorbitantly expensive right
now so I used walnuts (not as good AFAIC since I am not overly fond of
them), and I also used butter even tho' they called for margerine (yuck).
Thanks Bear, I'm zen sending you a couple for the help. Someone asked for
the recipe, its not much work and they make a wonderful (albeit caloric)
addition to Sunday breakfast.

Micaylah

Make Ahead Sticky Buns

Dough:
3 1/2 - 4 cups Bread Flour
1/3 cp Sugar
1 tsp Salt
2 envelopes SAF Yeast
1 cp warm Milk (100 - 110 degrees)
1/3 cp Butter
1 Egg

Topping:
1 cp packed Brown Sugar
1/2 cp Butter
1/4 cp Corn Syrup
1 cp Pecan halves

Filling:
2 tbsp Butter
3/4 cp Pecans (chpd)
1/4 packed Brown Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon

Dough:
Combine 2 cups flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in large bowl. Add milk, butter
and egg. Beat 1 minute. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
Knead dough on floured board for 5 minutes. Place in greased bowl. Cover
with plastic wrap. Let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1 1/4 hours.

Topping:
Bring brown sugar and butter to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from
heat. Stir in syrup. Pour into a 13 x 9" pan. Sprinkle pecan halves on top.

Filling:
Punch down dough. Roll out into 15 x 10" rectangle. Spread with butter.
Combine pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over dough. Starting at
long side, roll up tightly, pinching seams to seal. Cut into 15 pieces.
Place in pan and cover tightly with plastic wrap. refrigerate 12-48 hours.
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes, or until golden. Let
stand 3 minutes in pan, then invert onto serving platter.

Note: To bake immediately, let buns rise in warm place until doubled, 1 - 1
1/2 hours. Bake as directed.

 I am grateful that I am not as judgemental as
all those censorious, self-righteous people around me.