SC - International measurements

HICKS, MELISSA HICKS_M at casa.gov.au
Sun Sep 20 19:09:36 PDT 1998

Diana said:
*troy at asan.com writes:
*<< What you _can_ do is cook and refrigerate them a day or two in advance, maybe
* three if you're lucky and don't have anything else in the fridge with them to
* contribute funky, non-custard flavor overtones. >>

*I have found that a clean glass jar works fine.  I keep large (gallon) size
*old pickle jars that have been cleaned out with bleach.  They work well.

I'm not sure what you are recommending here. Are you taking the custard in the
pie crust and putting at the bottom of the gallon jar? One pie to a jar?

Seems rather wasteful of space - a great big jar with just one pie in it. Or are
you talking of putting just the filling in the jar and having the shells
seperate and then combining later?

Thanks.
  Stefan li Rous
  stefan at texas.net