SC - Purpose of the Feast-long

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Mon Sep 21 14:18:28 PDT 1998

draiocht at earthlink.net wrote:

> When I first moved to new York City from Georgia (Big culture shock there)
> I thought a city this big WOULD have them but they dont. The space here is
> too small for MAJOR stores so it limits what they carry. I did find one
> store that had some instant (so called) grit! YUCK! But until I actually
> find some place that has them I will continue having a sister send me care
> packages!  :)
>
> Glo
> making some grits with chedder cheese....

Uh, where in NYC are you? I see grits available fairly frequently (not that
I'm looking for them, necessarily ;  )   ). Yes, the tendency is for the Evil
Instant Grits to be seen more frequently, but I haven't seen any dearth of
long-cooking grits in my neighborhood or any of several others.

If you're talking about the postage-stamp sized bodegas in Manhattan, you will
tend to find an extremely limited scope for just about all kinds of products.

Adamantius, remembering the big grits scene in "My Cousin Vinny" and chuckling

- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com