SC - explaining medieval cooking to pro cooks?

andy oppenheim Laguz at mediaone.net
Tue Sep 22 11:58:32 PDT 1998

Kienan (Peter) not allowed near stove.  He does good chopping and dishes, and
samples everything I make, and is really objective.  I get great ideas for
converting dishes from meat to veggie from him.  One example we had done a
sausage pie that had parsnips, carrots, and leeks in with seasonings, we
substituted ground veggie burger chunks and potatos, added a bit of rosemary and
dill to the original seasonings (to make up for lack of sausage seasonings) and
it was his idea.  He knows what tastes good, just not how to combine it or cook
it.

Elisabeth-just catching up