SC - Grits--OT OOP RECIPE!

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Sep 22 16:59:56 PDT 1998

Hi all!  I know the list is pretty busy right now, but...

I'll be making a subtlety for an upcoming event.  The theme is Pirates (which we have pleaded/threatened/cajoled the autocrat into revising to Pirates in Period) and my vision for the subtlety was, of course, a huge completely edible treasure chest.  Not exactly original, but...  :-)

Now, obviously, I'm going to make the chest itself of gingerbread; and I'll need to go buy several pounds of honey for trial runs to build the thing and try to figure out how to get the panels to stick together and actually hold something.

Does anyone have any ideas for the treasure itself?  I've already contemplated making strings of "pearls" out of either carved almonds, marzipan or hard candy (I think I'll go with the marzipan; it sounds MUCH easier!) and probably doing hard-candy "gems" and marzipan or pastry "cameos" and "enamel."

BUT... can anyone come up with an idea for gold coins?  (No, I am *not* going to get those nasty-tasting mostly-wax chocolate coins, bleah.)  Or, failing that, gold or silver ingots?

Any advice, privately or on-list,  will be welcomed!

Best,

	- kat

- --kat griffith, editor--

This is my business address.  Sending files of over 100K in size to this address will result in my being summarily flogged.