SC - Ave Maria runtime and sugar - long

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Sep 24 05:48:51 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/24/98 12:22:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

<< By the time we get
 to our Ave Maria stage, our cooked sugar mass is pretty close to being
 anhydrous, so I can't imagine why cooking it for 30 minutes more would have
 any desired effect.

 Adamantius >>

Put that way , it makes perfect sense. I had, personally assumed that the
author of the original recipe left out the addition of water as something
'every woman' knows. Silly me. Thanks for clarifying this. When viewed in the
manner you propose the ;Ave; time instruction would most certainly fall within
the range of under half a minute.

Now the question is whether anyone had actually tried this recipe so they can
report the results of hands on experimentation. ;-) My own candy making skills
are atrocious.

Ras