SC - Greetings

Vicki Strassburg taltos at primenet.com
Fri Sep 25 13:52:07 PDT 1998

Greetings, good gentles.   I'm usually a lurker, and I don't know if
this will be useful to anyone, but....

A couple of months back I had posted asking if anyone knew anything
about milk being called "creamline milk" as I had found it here, from
a local dairy.  I've finally had time to experiment with it, and
figured others might be able to use the info.  It appears to be
pasteruized, NONhomogenized milk, completely unskimmed.  A one-quart
bottle, allowed to sit in the fridge for a day or two, develops a
sufficiently thick plug of solid cream that the milk cannot be poured
until you spoon out the cream.  I made clotted cream last night by
m'lady Aoife's method, and came out with about 2-3  times the cream
obtained when using "whole" milk, to my surprise and joy.

Oh, and the discussions we were having about what you did to cream to
make it support an egg?  (in reference to a redaction) the "plug" of
cream I mentioned above definitely would support an egg without doing
anything to it at all.  Think of the texture of whipped butter, and
that's about what it's like.

- - Aislinn
Barony of Stonemarche
East Kingdom