SC - Catching & Cooking carp

Kiriel & Chris kiriel at cybergal.com
Sat Sep 26 20:09:06 PDT 1998

Okay, I finally have my first full paycheck after the back surgery, and I
wanted to invest a bit in a couple of books.  First, David and Elizabeth, you
will be getting an order from me.
Then I went to the net, and found a wish list that are available from Barnes
and Nobles online.  I copied the info and took it to my local B and N.
Unfortunately the only one THEY had in stock was THE MEDIEVAL COOKBOOK by
Maggie Black.
I came home to read it a bit and opened it to the first recipe.  It's for
frumenty.  The second ingredient calls for "1.1 litres/2 pints/5 cups water.
HUH??
Lessee, 1.1 litres = 1100ml/2 pints = approx. 480-500ml./5 cups = approx. 750
ml.
How much water does she want me to use?

Oh well, I'd have done it my way anyway, but it is nice to have a dependable
starting point.

Mordonna