SC - Apecian Ham--Pernam

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Sep 29 21:29:46 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/29/98 5:48:43 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
liontamr at ptd.net writes:

>  1)Ham means HAM, in other words cured and smoked pork leg meat, not fresh
>  pork meat. The romans brought the "ham en croute" idea to britain, where it
>  survives to this day, so I think I'm dead-on here in suggesting you get
>  preserved ham, not "fresh" ham, for an Apecian recipe specifying ham.

>From The Random House Dictionary, copyright 1980, published by Ballentine
Books ISBN: 0-345-32298-3
"ham(1) (ham), n.  1. a cut of meat from a hog's heavy-muscled rear part
between hip and hock, usually cured.  2. that part of a hog's hind leg.  3.
the part of the leg back of the knee.  4. often hams, the back of the thigh,
or the thigh and the buttocks together."

Mordonna DuBois
Haven of Warriors
Atenveldt
Atenveldt