SC - potatoes / FAQ

Mary Morman memorman at oldcolo.com
Wed Sep 30 06:10:57 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/30/98 12:48:34 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
parlei at algonet.se writes:

>  > introduced crop species. Such is certainly the case in the United States,
>  > where agriculture is built on immigrant crop species. Not a single major
>  > U.S. crop is indigenous.
>
>  Corn, pumpkins, and some species of beans? I suppose it depends on what
>  you consider to be a major crop.

Potatoes, sweet potatoes?  Or is Grolier's saying that these are all
indigineous to South America?  If so, they were not introduced to the North by
Europeans, but by Native American traders millenia before the coming of the
White Man.

Mordonna DuBois
Haven of Warriors
Atenveldt