SC - old discussion revisited

Brenna sunnie at exis.net
Wed Sep 2 20:55:02 PDT 1998

A month or so ago, we were discussing the milk intollerance (for lack of a
better word).  My friend has done as much asking as she can.  It is simply
treating the symptom to take the child off of milk products altogether.  All any
of her counterparts know is that the children who display this particular
reaction to milk products are from Germanic/Slavic backgrounds (usually
heavily--not much intermixing in the family line with other cultures as far as
can be discerned).  The reaction is acute and usually shows up when the children
are very young.  Maybe someone should commission (fund) a study into this.  I
know 4 of these children already (and am beginning to wonder if it would work
for my two as well).

Brenna
(who is sorry that more information is not readily forthcoming, but who promises
to keep her ears open for more)