SC - Christmas Gifts

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Sun Sep 6 22:38:30 PDT 1998

<snip> It's been on my "possible Christmas present crafts" list for
>several years. Hummmm, it's about time to start looking at that list
>again, and I do need to visit my beekeeper friends
soon...............(G)

>              Ldy Diana

	Hmm, good question.  I have a large household, so the only way to
cover everybody is to do gifts from home.  Last year we cleaned out my
parent's house, and I raided my mother's basket collection.  Everybody
got their presents in baskets last year, and for many of them, the basket
itself was the best part!
	But, I have made mustard, Grilling Marinade, flavored vinegars,
flavored oils, spice mixtures, herbal eyewash packs, Bug Bite Lotion (#1
requested "Please make this again for Christmas!"), soap, and various
other gifts of time and love.  What to do this year?  I have seen gift
baskets with an entire dinner for 2 enclosed, for example, like pasta,
sauce, clams, wine, olives, cheese, crackers.  Perhaps 'dinner' baskets
with a period flavor? Maybe include some period spices (saffron, cubebs,
grains of paradise) a recipie, some mead, candied flower petals, etc.
	What do you think?  What would make a good basket for 2?  How
about a family with kids?  Hmm, this bears thinking on!
	Christianna