SC - A rather unusual requestsome reply

Jgoldsp at aol.com Jgoldsp at aol.com
Tue Sep 8 20:43:51 PDT 1998

My lady without knowing the particulars of the wheat allergyi.e gluten or the
wheat germ or the starch it would be difficult to advise but I can suggest
substitutions in your cooking style.When you wish to bread chicken or fish you
could use crushed cornflake crumbs ground fine in a food processor and dredge
food items {coat with flour} by using another grain barley
flour,millet,oat,soybean.All of which can be found in health food stores or
health food markets try the bulk bins before you buy the small bags such as
arrow head they tend to be expensive.Now as for sweets that use wheat flour if
the sweet dose not rely on gluten the strands in flour that build up the
structure like bread you can substitute one or more of the above flours for
the wheat I have found that a combination works best and the best we have come
up with is carrot cake and brownies both do not rely to much on the gluten in
the flour for structure. One more thing we can and do use spelet flour for
those in our area who have a wheat allegy and have had no side effects from
it.Diabetis I will not touch refer to his doctor and what type he has and how
far advanced it is. Most diabetics need to keep to a strick diet when it come
to sugar even fruit has to be watched. Hope I was of some small help.
                                       Joram