SC - Spinach Tarte

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Fri Sep 11 01:51:22 PDT 1998

In a message dated 9/10/98 8:15:18 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
TerryD at Health.State.OK.US writes:

>  Don't try to equate a cup of flour to 8 oz.  A properly measured cup of
>  flour is approximately 4 oz.  Commercial baking recipes are often by weight
>  rather than volume, its more accurate.

1 cup = 8 liquid oz.= 8 oz. by volume
period.  End of story.
However, if you are measuring by weight you should not say 1 cup, (which
indicates volume), you should say 8 oz. (or 1/2 pound which is less confusing)
I was not confused about volume oz. vs. weight oz. when I was growing up until
someone tried to convince me that "a pint's a pound the world around."

Mordonna